In this age of what seems like infinite access to information, there are a lot of questions around the collection and use of personal information. Who has it, who owns it and what can they do with it? When it comes to police services, how, why and who has access to personal information and police records is often misunderstood and misinterpreted.
In this webinar, , Ken Kelertas, Director, Legal Services for Halton Regional Police Service, will discuss Whose Information is it Anyway?: The Collection and Use of Personal Information by the Police and Access to Police Records. Topics included will be:
- Access to Information and Protection of Privacy in Ontario- the basics
- Authorities of Police to Collect Personal Information
- Authorities to Use and Share
- Access to Personal Information- FOI and Police Records Checks
- Restrictions and Exemptions
- Third Party Records Requests
- Access to the Crown Brief- the evolution of the test in D.P. v Wagg
Accredited for 30 Professional minutes and eligible for 30 Substantive minutes in Ontario. Others check with your authority.