Recorded on September 23, 2020 (75 minutes)
When do you need to act in the capacity of a Notary Public? When is a Commissioner for taking Affidavits appropriate? And with COVID – how do you commission a document remotely or safely This course will help legal professionals to understand:
- The provisions of the Commissioners for taking Affidavits Act
- The provisions of the Notaries Public Act
- The different powers of each office
- The parts of a document which need endorsement
- The steps required to commission an affidavit
- Best practices for remote commissioning
- Safely notarizing a document with social distancing in place
- Appropriate endorsements and jurats
- Which is the appropriate officer for different situations
- Legalization of documents for use overseas
- Ethical and professional considerations for correct practice
Presenter: Marcel Mongeon, LLB, LLM
This program contains 30 minutes Professionalism and 45 minutes Substantive content in Ontario. Approved CPD in British Columbia .
Legal professionals in all other provinces to determine if content qualifies for their requirements.