Recorded on November 4, 2020
With so many businesses and individuals being affected by COVID-19, it is anticipated that there will be an extraordinary number of breach of contract claims. But when will COVID-19 be able to be invoked or not invoked to excuse non-performance of contractual obligations?
In this 60 minute webinar, Marvin Huberman, Barrister, Mediator, Chartered Arbitrator, will discuss how and when parties may be able to claim Force Majeure and otherwise enforce contract provisions.
- Definition of Force Majeure (“FM”)
- FM clauses
- FM events
- FM catch-all provisions
- Impact on contractual performance – causation and notice requirements
- Contractual relief provisions
- Principles of contractual interpretation
- Frustration of contract, frustrated contracts legislation, and impossibility of performance
- Strategies, tactics, and plans of action
This webinar is eligible for 60 Substantive minutes in Ontario. Approved in BC, although the legislative basis will be Ontario. Others check with your authority.