Thursday, September 26, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern
When do you need to act in the capacity of a Notary Public? When is a Commissioner for taking Affidavits appropriate? This course will help legal professionals to understand:
- The provisions of the Commissioners for taking Affidavits Act
- The provisions of the Notaries Public Act
- The different powers of each office
- The parts of a document which need endorsement
- The steps required to commission an affidavit
- Appropriate endorsements and jurats
- Which is the appropriate officer for different situations
- Legalization of documents for use overseas
- Ethical and professional considerations for correct practice
Presenter: Marcel Mongeon, LLB, LLM
This program contains 30 minutes Professionalism and 30 minutes Substantive content in Ontario. Approved CPD in British Columbia .
Legal professionals in all other provinces to determine if content qualifies for their requirements.